Introduction to the Division and its options,
Q & A with pre-submitted or live-chat questions
Moderator: Paul Asimow, professor of Geology and Geochemistry and chair of GPS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
- Andy Thompson, professor of Environmental Science and Engineering and GPS Executive Officer
- Katherine de Kleer, assistant professor of Planetary Science
- Claire Bucholz, assistant professor of Geology
- Mike Gurnis, professor of geophysics and director of the Seismological Laboratory
- Victoria Orphan, professor of geobiology
- 4:00-4:15 Ollie Stephenson, geophysics: "Using satellites for disaster response"
- 4:15-4:30 Shreyas Vissapragada, planetary science: "The
Evaporating Atmospheres of Alien Worlds"
- 4:30-4:45 Celeste Labedz, geophysics: "The Snow is Melting into Music: Seismic Monitoring of Subglacial Hydrology"
- 4:45-5:00 Xenia Boyes, petrology: "How Helium can help us understand the depths of Earth's mantle"
- 4:00-4:15 Lily Dove, ESE: "Exploring the Ocean using Seafaring Robots"
- 4:15-4:30 Preston Cosslett Kemeny, geochemistry: "Across the periodic table: the cycling of atomic bits"
- 4:30-4:45 Clare Singer, ESE: "Clouds and their impact on climate"
- 4:45-5:00 Alex Phillips, geochemistry: "How not to measure the sulfur isotopes of cysteine and methionine"
Moderator: Makayla Betts, geobiology
- Cecilia Sanders, geology
- Danica Adams, planetary science
- Maria Camarca, planetary science
- Alex Phililips, geochemistry
- Jorge Castillo Castellanos, geophysics
- Sergio Parra, geobiology
- Jordan Benjamin, ESE